Presidential Ph.D. Fellows are chosen from among incoming Ph.D. students. Students do not need to apply for the fellowship; they will be selected based on their admissions materials.
All Presidential Ph.D. Fellows:
- Demonstrate exceptional academic promise
- Contribute to increasing diversity in their fields
- As an historically under-represented person in higher education and/or
- By pursuing scholarship that contributes to better understanding issues of diversity/inclusion/inequity or interdisciplinary areas within their fields
- Have a research agenda that is exceptionally innovative and/or impactful locally, nationally, or globally
- Demonstrate leadership potential (through University service, student government, society engagement, etc.).